Norwesco Repair Kit Poly Welding Gun & Rod
The tank repair kit pictured includes a specially formulated welding wire containing copolymers and adhesives. Wire may be used to effectively repair linear polyethylene. Easy to use and requires only 110 volt power.
Instructions for use:
1. Remove damaged item from cold and windy conditions.
2. Preclean damaged area.
3. Preheat welding gun for 15 minutes.
4. V-grind out damaged area, 1/2 to 3/4 deep of the material thickness.
5. Preheat damaged area to well above room temperature.
6. Insert wire in preheat tube and allow wire to become clear/molten.
7. Place tip on crack and slowly proceed with repair, gradually pushing wire through tube.
8. Return to starting point and heat to a smooth glaze for proper bonding.
9. For deeper grooves, a second pass may be necessary.