These IBC totes are primarily designed for transporting and storing bulk liquid contents. The cubic form of these tanks makes them better for transporting contents than vertical tanks. The steel cage, pallet, and polyethylene resin are all FDA-approved which means these totes are safe to store in potable water. IBCs can also be used to store a wide variety of hazardous chemicals, food syrups like molasses, rainwater, petrochemical products, many acids, liquid fertilizers, and liquid feed. The natural white color of polyethylene is translucent which allows you to view content levels. This is a 1.5 specific gravity tank.
The Re-Bottled IBC Tote comes with:
- Reconditioned steel cage attached to the pallet.
- Brand New Inner Tank Bottle.
- 2" CamLock bottom valve.
- 6" Vented Spin-on Lid.
The inner tank bottle Complies with U.S Food and Drug Administration regulation 21 CFR 177.1520 (1) 3.1 and 3.2 for storage of potable water.
Poly bottle Specifications
- Wall Thickness: .06 Min., .1” (100 mills) average
- Capacity: 275-gallon bottle
- Vent Fusible: Activates at 3 – 10 P.S.I. <250 degrees F.
- Filling Temp.: Can fill hot up to 180 Degrees F.
- Level Indicator: Approx. 7 gallons of Product per inch.
- Filling port: 6” Top Cap, Buttress Threads, with EPDM Gasket
- Bottom Outlet: 2: Ball valve with QD
- Pallet: Plastic or metal
Both the bulk drum and its contents must be cooled to less than 140 degrees F. within 24 hours of filling. Bulk drums must not be shipped when their contents are at elevated temperatures.
Bulk drum poly totes are available as UN31HA1 IBCs and can carry non-haz and haz materials. Bulk drums are manufactured using a blow-molded polyethylene liner installed in a metal cage with a plastic pallet. IBC is approved for the shipment of Hazardous materials as authorized in 49 CFR 172.101.